One of my favorite dinners is probably a tasty, filling, hearty bowl. Today I have a bulgur bowl with avocado dressing for you. To create a perfect, hearty bowl, we need a mixture of cooked and raw ingredients, trying to cover all the important nutrients. The base is how beautiful the name suggests “Bulgur”. Bulgur is known and loved as a food especially in the oriental region. But it has also established itself in this country in recent years and is landing more and more often on my dinner table. Bulgur is full of fiber and makes you feel full for a long time. In addition, it is a quickly prepared and, above all, a delicious side dish, but can also be transformed into a main course in the form of a salad. A real all-rounder! There is also cooked broccoli, white giant beans, lettuce, sprouts and of course avocado. We use half of the avocado as a topping and the other half is pureed to make a creamy dressing. Finally, there are a few black sesame seeds on top. If you have some left overs, you can also prepare this recipe as a “to-go” meal and then take it with you to work as a healthy and filling dish. Or you can prepare a new bowl from the leftovers the next evening. Here you can also get creative and add or swap new ingredients.
Recipe by Lisa Lehmann
Lisa’s German foodblog:
125 g bulgur
1 small broccoli
150 g giant white beans (canned)
2 handfuls of lamb’s lettuce
1 handful of sprouts
some black sesame
½ teaspoon mustard
some lemon juice
salt & pepper
- Prepare the bulgur according to the package instructions.
- Cut the broccoli into small pieces, wash it and boil it in a pot with hot water until soft.
- Wash and mix the lettuce and the sprouts.
- Take the beans out of the can, rinse with water and drain in a sieve.
- For the dressing: Put the avocado and mustard in a blender. Slowly add the water while mixing until a creamy, dressing-like consistency is obtained. (It’s better to take less water first and add gradually.) Season to taste with lemon juice and salt & pepper.
- Now it’s time to serve. Gradually distribute the bulgur, broccoli, beans and lettuce with the sprouts in a bowl. Cut half the avocado into slices and spread over the other ingredients. Finally top everything with a little sesame and either add the dressing directly or serve separately. Finished!