Fresh bread with beetroot hummus and orange butter … doesn’t sound good! These sandwiches are full of homemade and aromatic components and are the perfect lunch snack! Beetroot hummus is extremely versatile … as a dip, as a topping for a delicious bowl or as a spread for delicious sandwiches! The orange butter, on the other hand, is something completely new! Compared to normal butter, it has a slightly fruity taste. To make a real sandwich from these ingredients, fresh cucumber and tomato slices as well as arugula are added! Spread everything on the bread slices and fold together … a dream of a sandwich!
Recipe by Lisa Lehmann
For two big Sandwiches
35 min preparation time
Ingredients for the sandwich:
50 g arugula
2 large tomatoes
1/3 of a big cucumber
4 big slices of bread of choice
Ingredients Orange butter:
125 g butter at room temperature
salt & pepper (best freshly ground!)
Ingredients Beetroot hummus:
1 can of chickpeas
150 g beetroot
1 clove of garlic
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp tahini (sesame mushroom)
Cumin, salt & pepper
Preparation Orange butter:
- Mix the butter with the zest of half an orange and the juice from it.
- Spice up with salt & pepper, put it in the fridge and let it cool. (The longer, the more aromatic the butter becomes!)
Preparation Beetroot hummus:
- Drain the chickpeas in a sieve and collect the liquid (the so-called aquafaba).
- Mix the chickpeas with the remaining ingredients using a hand blender until creamy. Depending on the consistency, add a little more of the aquafaba. Finally, season with salt & pepper and cumin to taste.
Preparation for the sandwich:
- Wash the arugula, tomatoes and the cucumber. Thinly slice tomatoes and cucumber.
- Roast the bread, cut it into slices and brush on one side the orange butter and on the other side the hummus. Finally, top with the rocket, cucumber and tomatoes and fold up. Now just enjoy!